Social media is alive and thriving for New Zealand business! Here are 10 quick facts about Social Media in New Zealand.
1. Facebook say 2.9 million New Zealanders have an active account with them - around 61 per cent of all Kiwis as of 2017. (Source: Facebook)
2. In NZ we log in to Facebook an average of 17 times a day! (Source: Facebook)
3. There are 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts globally with 1 million new active mobile social users added every day. (Source: We Are Social)
4. 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others. (Source: Ambassador)
5. Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot)
6. There are 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts globally with 1 million new active mobile social users added every day. (Source: We Are Social)
7. Almost 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile. (Source: dreamgrow)
8. A study by Journal of Health Psychology found using social media during work could help lower burnout in employees who have high levels of mindfulness.
9. On a daily basis, 82% of Kiwi mums access Facebook while 81% of those aged 16-24 years old access Facebook in New Zealand. (Source: Nielsen)
10. 80% of Kiwis discover brands and products of Facebook (Source: Nielsen)
Safe to say social media is huge and we are on it ALOT. If you are in business, you need to be on social media! And according to number 8, don't feel too bad about taking a few minutes from work to do a bit of therapeutic scrolling ..
Joel Everson - Brightside Media